Monday, October 27, 2008

A Musical Interlude


My fellow Americans,

Today, my economic philosophy, set to the tune of Vicki Sue Robinson's 1976 hit, "Turn the Beat Around".

Spread the wealth around
progressive taxation
the rich are goin' down
with evil corporations

I rob Peter to pay Paul
that's how it's going to be
now Peter won't create new jobs
but Paul will vote for me

Spread the wealth around
don't say redistribution
spread some change around
say make your dreams come true-tion

Let's be Sweden, France or Denmark,
a leftist state methinks
the poor will get a bigger slice
although the whole pie shrinks

Spread the wealth around
don't need no constitution
no more trickle down
how 'bout "Barackstitution"?

What could be more fair than
taking money from the greedy
every day I find a new
constituency that's needy

Spread the wealth around
electoral domination
I'll spread it all around
in my administration

Your Embodiment of Fairness, Justice, and Drop-Dead Gorgeousness,

Barry

No comments: